I found the amazing Hanna Sillitoe via Google a few months back. This sounds a bit like an online dating thing but it isn’t, I promise. I was dealing with some horrible skin issues and much inter-web searching lead me to her site and her story about how she healed her psoriasis through juicing and completely changing her diet. I got to do a Q&A with her on here and since then, I always check back to her site and social media accounts to look at the recipes she’s created, honestly she makes the most delicious looking food. I discovered her amazing Mango Salad with satay dressing during one search, and it’s proved to be one of the most satisfying mid week meals I’ve had in a long time. It’s really healthy and easy to make, and despite the husbands sad face when he saw there wasn’t any ‘meat’ in this, he loved it too. I’ve tweaked the original recipe slightly when I found the mango I wanted to use was really squishy, I ended up experimenting by baking it, and this worked perfectly. I’ve just had this meal for dinner but it would make an awesome big lunch as well. It’s a proper bowl of happiness for your tummy
Mango & Tofu Salad with Satay dressing
Feeds: Two people/ two portions
- 1 Medium sized Mango
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Carrot
- A large handful of beansprouts
- 6 radishes
- A 160g pack of marinated tofu pieces (I use Cauldron)
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter or nut butter (I use crunchy whole earth peanut butter)
- A splash of soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons of honey
- 1 and half tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- Half a lime
- A small handful of fresh basil and mint leaves
- A teaspoon of sesame seeds
- Pre heat your oven to 180C/350F/160 Fan
- Cut the mango into small pieces. I use a potato peeler to get the skin off. Then put the fruit into a bowl and drizzle over a tablespoon of the honey, the chilli flakes and squeeze over the lime. Spread out onto a baking tray and put in the oven for roughly 6/7 minutes
- While that’s cooking, put the courgette and carrot through a sprializer (or use a good old potato peeler or julienne peeler) Top and tail, then cut your radishes into quarters and put everything into a big salad bowl, along with the beansprouts, tofu and herbs.
- To make the sauce for the salad, warm the coconut oil in a pan then add the grated ginger. Heat on low for 5 minutes, then add the nut butter, soy, honey and peanut/nut butter. Give everything a really good mix, especially if using peanut butter like I do as the lovely nutty bits tend to get a bit stuck in a clump. Keep stiring for another 5 minutes until it has thinned, then turn off and let it cool slightly.
- Take the mango out of the oven and spread over the salad, pour over the dressing, add the sesame seeds, basil and mint and SCOFF!!
Check out Hanna’s website for more awesome recipes