When it comes to breakfast, I sometimes get stuck in a rut of just having cereal, porridge or an egg with toast. Sometimes you need something new and different to try to mix things up a bit, but I’m never that good in thinking up anything out of the ordinary. I found this brilliant egg wrap idea on Paleo Polly’s site and they are a game changer, they’re so tasty. I promise you’ll be hooked once you try them.
Egg Wrap / Feeds one
Half an avocado, thinly sliced
One mushroom, thinly sliced
One or two strips of rasher bacon
Extras – Cherry tomatoes cut in half
You ideally need a small frying pan, but its not a deal breaker!
- Crack your egg & whisk in a jug, then leave to one side.
- Cover a baking tray with foil and grill your bacon rashers on high (I prefer to grill my bacon rather than fry)
- Fry your mushrooms in a small frying pan (I like to fry using coconut oil or rapeseed oil), once cooked, remove from heat and put to one side.
- Cut your avocado into thin slices.
- When your bacon looks like its nearly ready (I like mine mega crispy) Add a bit more oil to your frying pan and once ready, add the whisked egg.
- You want to swoosh the egg around, like you’re making an omelette, keeping it nice an even if possible.
- Remove the bacon from the grill, I like to sit it on kitchen roll to dry it.
- Once the egg is completely cooked one side, you want to flip it over and cook on the other side.
- Once the other side is cooked, flip the egg onto a plate, pat dry with kitchen roll if needed, then you need to build your wrap!
- Add seasoning if you want to now.
- I add the bacon first, then the avocado and mushroom. Roll the wrap carefully, otherwise it will split which makes for tricky eating! Enjoy!
I’ve also made this for lunch, adding Italian Seasoning to the whisked egg mix then putting avocado, ham, spinach and left over grilled pepper. You could try any variation though, basically whatever will fit in the wrap!